Sightseeing Art is the title of collaborative art re-search project to be developed at different locations.
It is based on a series of workshops for "urban exploration". The main goal is finding topics and recollecting "materials" for art making. Expecting casual encounters, making daily excursions and sharing time and space with others.
It began with some reflections on tourism and global experiences nowadays and it (hopefully) proposes a different approach than the usual.
Sightseeing Art (presentation & workshop)
Starting on 02.05.2011 in The Hungarian University of Fine Arts. Intermedia Department http://www.mke.hu
Sightseeing Artis based on some reflections on tourism and global experiences nowadays and it (hopefully) proposes a much more different approach than the most common one.
1. Rather than thinking in universal terms and global scale, we’ll be focused on local experiences.
2. Behaving as “tourists” or “travellers” in our own day to day environments.
3. Being open to new experiences of the familiar but also to the unexpected.
4. Redefining “monuments” and “city attractions” from a personal and an artistic point of view.
5. Changing our attitudes and perceptions of the everyday life.
6. Giving ourselves the opportunity to keep curious towards the apparently well-known “reality”.